Lean Six Sigma is a management approach to business performance improvement that has blended the two individual specialisms of Lean and Six Sigma.
The application of Lean Six Sigma allows quality and efficiency improvements to be effectively realized. The focus of Lean is about speed, efficiency and taking waste out of a process. Six Sigma focuses on effectiveness and removal of errors.
When combined and implemented properly it can be a powerful management tool that can greatly improve an organization’s performance, by providing a structured approach to resolving problems.
- To work effectively with, or as a member of, a process improvement team working in an environment supporting Lean Six Sigma.
- To analyse and refine processes to improve efficiency and remove waste using Lean.
- Reduce process variation and improve quality and consistency.
- Add value for customers, employees and shareholders by minimising process variation and waste.
- Improve performance and reduce timescales for Lean Six Sigma projects.