The APM Group Limited (APMG) is committed to protecting and respecting your data privacy. We want you to know how we use and protect your personal information. This includes informing you of your rights regarding your personal information that we hold.
We need your personal data in order to deliver contractual/legal obligations you may have with us or our business partners. In other cases, we will collect that information from you with your permission and consent.
The laws that govern personal data in the UK are:
- until (but excluding) 25th May 2018 the Data Protection Act 1998 and any laws or regulations implementing Directive 95/46/EC (Data Protection Directive);
- from (and including) 25th May 2018, REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (General Data Protection Regulation) (“GDPR”).
The independent authority that upholds information rights in the public interest in the United Kingdom is the Information Commissioner’s Office (the “ICO”). Further information can be found at https://ico.org.uk.
Please note these regulations apply to all APMG offices and to everyone we do business with who have access to personal information through APMG. These regulations are not restricted to UK citizens.
This is APMG’s registered address, company number and contact information:
The APM Group Limited
Phone: +44 (0) 1494 452450
Information we may collect from you
APMG may collect information from you because we have a legal reason (allowed by law or under contract) to collect the information, or because you have consented for us to do so for a specific purpose.
Information you give us
You may give us information about you with your consent, for example:
- By filling in a form or sending us an e-mail
- By submitting your information to us at a conference or exhibition
- Applying for a job at APMG.
This information may be personal, financial, educational, or related to your employment history.
You may give us information for legal reasons, such as to enter into a contract with us, when you are buying exams, assessments or other goods or services from us, or when you are applying for a job at APMG.
Website usage information
If you visit our website we may automatically collect information about you, for example:
- IP addresses
- Information about the technology you use to connect to our website
- What parts of our website you click on and how long you look at our website.
As well as the information that you provide, we receive and store a range of website usage information whenever you use our website. If we want to collect personal information we will be clear and specific why we require this information and ask you to opt-in.
We use this to:
- assess the effectiveness of marketing campaigns
- develop and deliver services and information that better meet your needs
- inform you of events, services and products which we believe to be relevant to you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
Where we store your personal data
We primarily store and process your personal data in the EU/European Economic Area (“EEA”). If we do transfer your personal data outside the EEA it will be because you have consented or because we have a legal reason to do so. Your data may also be processed by staff (who work for us) operating outside the EEA all of whom are covered by this policy.
Some examples of reasons your data may be processed outside the EEA include:
- Order fulfilment
- Payment processing
- Technical support services.
If your personal data cannot be processed within the EEA, we will:
- Comply with all other data protection principles
- Where possible, process it in a country that is on the list of the EU Commissions’ countries that provide adequate protections for the rights and freedoms of data subjects
- If the transfer is to the United States of America, we will use reasonable endeavours to make sure they participate in the Privacy Shield program
- Make sure we have assessed the adequacy of protections in all other cases.
APMG will also transfer your personal information to the owner of the scheme qualification you have chosen to undertake (please see section below for more details)
By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing and/or processing.
Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you if you use any website we operate, any other services we provide, or from our business partners who have asked us to collect information on their behalf.
We also work with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies, background checking agencies) and may receive information about you from them as part of the service we provide you, or for legal reasons.
We believe in protecting the privacy of children. In line with this belief, we do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from persons under 16 years of age, and no part of the Website is directed at persons under 16 years of age. If you are under 16 years of age, then please do not use or access the Website at any time or in any manner. We will take appropriate steps to delete any personal information of persons less than 16 years of age.
apmg-international.com, apmg-businessbooks.com and ppp-certification.com puts small files (known as “cookies”) onto your computer to collect information about how you use our site.
Cookies are used to:
- measure how you use the website so it can be updated and improved based on your needs
- remember the notifications you’ve seen so we don’t show them to you again
You will normally see a message appear on the site before we store a cookie on your computer.
Measuring website usage
APMG International uses google analytics to collect data that we use to improve your experience of our website.
The cookies we use are:
|_ga||Used to distinguish users.||2 year|
|_gid||Used to distinguish users.||24 hours|
|_gat||Used to throttle request rate.||1 minute|
|AMP_TOKEN||Contains a token that can be used to retrieve a Client ID from AMP Client ID service. Other possible values indicate opt-out, inflight request or an error retrieving a Client ID from AMP Client ID service.||30 seconds to 1 year|
|_gac_<property-id>||Contains campaign related information for the user. If you have linked your Google Analytics and AdWords accounts, AdWords website conversion tags will read this cookie unless you opt-out. Learn more.||90 days|
Our Introductory Message
|cookie-agreed||Records whether or not the cookie’s notification pop-up has been acknowledged by the user||11 months|
Content Management System
We use the drupal content management system on this website, which also sets a number of cookies:
|SESSxxxx||Used to determine whether the user is already logged on to the site||23 Days|
Third Party Cookies
First-party cookies are those that we set for apmg-international.com apmg-businessbooks.com and ppp-certification.com; third party cookies are cookies that originate from different websites. We do not control the setting of third-party cookies, so if you are concerned you should check the policy on the third-party website.
An example of a third-party website we use is YouTube. We have a number of videos on apmg-international.com and although we own (or have permission to use) them, the video content is actually streamed from YouTube. You may therefore receive a YouTube cookie if you view one of our videos.
Why does APMG collect personal information?
APMG collects information for some or all of following reasons:
- To provide services to you after you have taken one of our educational certifications/ qualifications including validation of your certification/qualification by us
- To provide information about products or services you have shown interest in purchasing within a reasonable time afterwards, if you are an existing APMG customer
- To provide information to you about products or services you have purchased from us, or related products or services
- To provide information to you about our products and services if you have consented to receive it.
- To employ you or consider you for employment
- To provide goods or services to you under contract
- For legal reasons, for example, if you have entered into a contract with us
What legal basis does APMG have for processing my information?
APMG may process your information because:
- We have a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- We must provide services to you after you have purchased something from us
- We must provide services to you because you have taken one of our qualifications
- To comply with the law.
All these are reasons APMG may legally process the information we have about you.
APMG may share your personal information with third parties, either because you have consented to allow us to do so or for a legitimate purpose or to comply with the law. For example, we may share your personal information with:
- The training organization who provided training to you before you took an examination, for example, to share your examination result or to deal with a complaint
- Our group companies, which means our subsidiaries, or our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006
- With third parties because you have given consent
- With third parties who provide shipping or publishing services because you have purchased goods or services
- On our Successful Candidate Register if you have consented
- Subcontractors and third parties for the purpose of the performance of a contract we hold with them or that we hold with you
- IP owners of the qualification you have chosen to undertake. Please note that some Scheme Owners are based outside the EEA as shown in the table below:
|AAB Scheme (Aerospace Auditors)||EAQG||US|
|AgileBA||Agile Business Consortium||EEA|
|AgilePgM||Agile Business Consortium||EEA|
|AgilePM||Agile Business Consortium||EEA|
|Associate Project Manager Apprenticeship Assessments||EFSA||EEA|
|ASL||ABF (ASL BiSL Foundation)||EEA|
|Better Business Cases||HM Treasury/Welsh Treasury||EEA|
|Better Business Cases (If booked through New Zealand)||New Zealand Treasury||New Zealand|
|BiSL||ABF (ASL BiSL Foundation)||EEA|
|Certified Local Change Agent (CLCA)||CMI||Australia|
|Certified Professional Technical Communicator||STC||US|
|Certified Public-Private Partnerships Professional (CP3P||APMG/World Bank||EEA|
|CIF||Cloud Industry Forum||EEA|
|CHAMPS2||Birmingham City Council||EEA|
|Change Management||CMI / APMG||Australia|
|Enterprise Big Data||The Big Data Framework B.V.||EEA|
|Facilitation||Resource Developing Business by Developing People||EEA|
|Finance for Non-Financial Managers||APMG||EEA|
|Forest Garden Trainer Certification (FGTC)||Trees for the Future||US|
|GDPR Awareness||PDCA Srl||EEA|
|Institute of Operational Risk (IOR)||IOR||EEA|
|Integrated Program Performance Management (IPPM)||CPM||US|
|Lean IT Association||APMG (in association with LITA)||EEA|
|Lean Six Sigma||LSSA / APMG||EEA|
|Praxis||Praxis Framework Limited||EEA|
|Project Planning & Control (PPC)||APM||EEA|
|PS Professional||Positive Momentum||EEA|
|Service Automation Framework (SAF)||SAF||EEA|
|Service Level Analyst||APMG||EEA|
|SIAM||BCS / EXIN||EEA|
|Sourcing Governance Foundation (SGF)||APMG (IAOP)||EEA|
|WISP||New View Management BV||EEA|
Other reasons APMG may share your personal information with a third party
If APMG or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, personal data held by APMG about its customers will be one of the transferred assets of the company.
In addition, APMG will share your personal data with third parties for the following reasons:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your information in order to comply with any legal obligation,
- To protect our rights, property, or safety, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Aggregated or anonymized data with personal information removed
APMG may, from time to time, provide third parties with data that has been aggregated or anonymized. This means that personal information that could be used to identify you has been removed from the data. An example of this may be how many candidates have taken an exam in a country.
Data provided to third parties in this way is not personal data; however, we do respect your right to object to your data being used in this way.
Access to your stored personal data via password
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping that password confidential. We ask you not to share passwords with anyone.
Transmission and storage of your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we have technical and organisational measures in place to protect your data we cannot guarantee the security of your data as it is transmitted and stored.
How long will we keep your personal information?
APMG will not retain your personal information for longer than required.
We will keep your personal information:
- For as long as required by law
- Until we no longer have a valid reason for keeping it
- Until you request us to stop processing it.
We may keep just enough of your personal information to ensure that we comply with your requests not to use your personal information or comply with your right to erasure. For example, we must keep your request to be erased even if it includes your personal data until such time as you are no longer our customer.
If you have questions about our Data Retention Policy, or wish to be provided with a copy. Please contact: email@example.com.
What if I choose not to give you my personal information?
If the personal information is necessary in order to supply goods or services to you under a contract between you and APMG or via one of our business partners, then we will not enter into that contract or provide the services or goods if you do not give us your personal information.
Controlling your personal information
Where you have consented to receive communications from us or are currently receiving material relating to our products or services, you may at any time ask us to cease sending you such material by contacting us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties.
APMG International is a subsidiary of The APM Group Limited. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the GDPR. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact our Data Protection Manager via firstname.lastname@example.org or write to:
F.A.O. Data Protection Manager
APM Group Ltd
APMG will respect your legal rights to your data.
Below are the rights that you have under law, and what APMG does to protect those rights:
|Legal right||What APMG does to protect your rights|
|The right to be informed||APMG is publishing this Privacy Notice to keep you informed about what we do with your personal information. We strive to be transparent about how we use your data.|
|The right to access||You have the right to access your information. Please contact APMG’s Data Protection Manager at email@example.com if you wish to obtain a copy of the personal information APMG holds about you.|
|The right to rectification||If the information APMG holds about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to ask us to rectify it. If that data has been passed to a third party with your consent or for legal reasons, then we must also ask them to rectify the data. Please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|The right to erasure||This is sometimes called ‘the right to be forgotten’. If you want APMG to erase all your personal data and we do not have a legal reason to continue to process and hold it, please contact us at: email@example.com
Please note that by exercising this right it may affect the ability to verify your qualifications.
|The right to restrict processing||You have the right to ask APMG to restrict how we process your data. This means we are permitted to store the data but not further process it. We keep just enough data to make sure we respect your request in the future. If you want us to restrict processing of your data, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|The right to data portability||APMG must allow you to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across services in a safe and secure way without affecting the usability of your data. If you want information how to port your data elsewhere: please contact email@example.com. This right only applies to personal data that you have provided to us as the Data Controller. The data must be held by us by consent or for the performance of a contract.|
|The right to object||You have the right to object to APMG processing your data even if it is based on our legitimate interests, the exercise of official authority, direct marketing (including data aggregation), and processing for the purposes of statistics. If you wish to object please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|The right to withdraw consent||If you have given us consent to process your data but change your mind as you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, and APMG must stop processing your data. If you want to withdraw your consent, please contact: email@example.com|
|The right to complain to a Supervisory Authority||You have the right to complain to the ICO if you feel that APMG has not responded to your requests in a reasonable time to solve a problem. their contact details can be found here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/|
This website contains links to other websites. Anonymous visit or session information may be passed to other websites for the web usage information purposes described above. None of this information can be related to an individual user of the website. The operators of other sites may collect information from you, which will be used by them in accordance with their own terms and conditions, and privacy policies.
This privacy notice applies only to our website. We are not responsible for privacy practices within any other website. You should always be aware of this when you leave this website and we encourage you to read the privacy statement on all other websites that you visit.