APMG International has created the Sourcing Governance Foundation certification in conjunction with International Association of Outsourcing Professionals® (IAOP®).
Best practice shows that implementing and operating a Sourcing Governance Function will require staff awareness and understanding of the key principles and concepts of outsourcing and sourcing governance.
Undertaking the course and successfully passing the examination qualifies an individual for COS-FP (Certified Outsourcing Specialist™ - Foundation Principles) certification from the International Association of Outsourcing Professionals® (IAOP®).
- Develop positive, long-term, results-driven relationships with external service providers.
- Gain exposure to and general knowledge of the basic principles and skills of the outsourcing industry.
- Demonstrate knowledge against an independently developed set of industry-wide standards.
- Understand the challenges of implementing and operating a sourcing governance function.
- Earn PMI PDUs and IAOP certification points.
- Opportunities, Risks and forms of Outsourcing (Knowing).
- Lifecycle approach to Outsourcing (Knowing).
- Sourcing Strategy (Knowing, Comprehending).
- Scoping (Knowing, Comprehending).
- Selection and Due Diligence (Knowing, Comprehending).
- Contracting (Knowing).
Earn 14 PMI PDUs.
Earn 25 COP points towards certification by IAOP.
Earn 15 CEH points for recertification by IAOP.
- Multiple choice
- 40 questions per paper
- 28 marks required to pass (out of 40 available) - 70%
- 60 minutes duration