Gain the knowledge required to be recognized as a highly competent bid and proposal professional.
Developed by The Association for Proposal Management Professional (APMP) – this certification confirms you have the core competencies corresponding with the skills and scenarios often encountered by bid and proposal professionals.
APMP certified professionals are best placed for winning business through proposals, bids, tenders and presentations.
- Utilise the latest best practices for proposal and bid management.
- Improve client management and negotiation planning skills.
- Identify relevant suppliers and partners needed for a proposal to succeed.
- Win business through information research and management, planning, development and sales orientation.
Validate your mastery of bid and proposal techniques.
Before you begin - what is required?
- The APMP-Foundation certificate
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a bid and proposals environment
- A reference of your choice – who can verify your experience and the evidence provided in your submitted Proposal Practitioner Assessment Questionnaire (PPAQ).
What does the APMP-Practitioner certificate validate?
- You are committed to enhancing your professional bid and proposal skills – confirmed by a rigorous review of your experience against a global standard.
- Your mastery of bid and proposal best practices and your ability to effectively lead and coach teams people in their use.
- You can assemble and manage teams that can communicate consistent winning strategies – which positively impact customers’ decisions.
- You are a highly effective bid and proposal professional.
The APMP-Practitioner Assessment
- There is no an exam for APMP-Practitioner.
- Instead you complete a 35 question Proposal Practitioner Assessment Questionnaire (PPAQ) – which provides objective evidence of your professional experience.
- You may take as long as you like to complete the PPAQ.
- A certified assessor will evaluate your PPAQ against the Practitioner Standards and Guidelines before performing a random check of evidence with your reference.
- Once you have completed the PPAQ - register for the APMP-Practitioner Assessment.
Confirm your status as an elite bid and proposals professional.
Before you begin - what is required?
- The APMP-Practitioner certificate.
- A minimum of seven years' experience in a bid and proposals environment.
- A reference of your choice - who will be asked to rate you on competencies in managing and motivating others.
What does the APMP-Professional certificate validate?
- You have achieved the top-level certification in your profession - achieved by very few professionals.
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills.
- That you've made significant contributions to an organization and/or the bid and proposals profession.
- Innovation and your ability to lead others in achieving ambitious goals.
The APMP-Professional Assessment
- There is no exam for APMP-Professional.
- Instead you complete a Proposal Professional Impact Paper (PPIP) - providing evidence of having made a significant impact on your organization and/or the bid and proposals profession.
- You then participate in a 45-minute panel interview to discuss your PPIP.
- Once you have completed your PPIP - register for the APMP-Professional Assessment online to arrange your interview.
- A minimum of one year's experience working in a bid and proposals related environment - verified by a reference of your choosing.
- People who are relatively new to the bid and proposal environment.
- People wishing to undertake the APMP Practitioner and Professional certifications.
- The fundamentals of proposal planning and development.
- How to write persuasive proposals.
- How to interface directly with internal clients or external customers.
- Sales methodologies.
- Multiple choice
- 75 questions per paper
- 42 marks required to pass (out of 75 available) – 56%
- 60 minutes duration