Increase value and make better use of resources.
AXELOS' guidance is intended to help organizations use a successful, proven methodology to supplement their current management practices.
The guidance is aimed at all those involved in directing, managing, supporting and delivering portfolios, programmes and projects. MoV is all about maximizing value in line with the programme and project objectives and the key stakeholder requirements. It is not simply about minimizing costs.
Whilst MoV supports the project, portfolio, programme and risk management principles of PRINCE2®, MoP, MSP® and M_o_R®, its main focus is on maximizing value.
- Provide a way of addressing competitive advantage by adding value.
- Promote sustainable decision making, based on adding value, by addressing both monetary and non- monetary factors.
- Maximize value in line with the programme and project objectives and key stakeholder requirements.
- Provide a means to define objectives and scope clearly in terms of the organization’s and end users’ short and long term needs.
- Supplement current management practices to increase value delivered and make better use of resources.