Know the digital technology basics. Make IT related business decisions with confidence.
CWU Business IT Certification training delivers a concise guide to the key digital concepts inherent in contemporary IT.
Senior managers can quickly get up to speed with the basics of digital technology – in addition to the language used by IT specialists and those driving digital transformation.
This equips high level managers with the knowledge needed to make better, more informed business decisions - empowering them to lead an organization's digital transformation.
The CWU Business IT certification follows CWU’s detailed review of 50 of the top 100 IT MBAs – which found that too few taught business leaders an essential understanding of digital technology. With the support of companies such as Google, Dell, Intel, and SAP, the Business IT certification was developed for business leaders and senior management to understand the basic language of technology, and recognize the opportunities and risks associated by these emerging technologies.
- Big Data
- Blockchain technology
- Cloud computing
- Digital compliance
- Digital transformation
- IoT - Internet of Things
- Machine Learning
- Management and control
- Social Business
The CWU Business IT Certification is based on the CWU Business IT Fundamentals Guide, which will be available to download free in due course.
Confirm you have the core digital competences.
Who is Foundation for?
- General managers
- Presidents and vice presidents
- Directors and unit managers
- Business consultants
- High-level managers
- Sales Managers and sales teams
What are the key things you will learn?
- Digital transformation – the key terms and facts
- How technology has evolved and how it has reached the data economy
- The third technology platform
- The business opportunities that each technology provides
- Cloud computing – its models and benefits
- Internet of things (IoT) – its processes, functional objectives and areas of impact and application
- Mobility - including Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
- Big Data – its objectives, types and inputs
- Management and control – including IT governance
- Blockchain Technology – What it is, it’s purpose, and the challenges faced by the technology
- 50 multiple choice questions
- 40-minute duration
- Closed book
- 51% pass mark 26/50