Understand, track and control the key elements of an organization’s services and infrastructure.
The Configuration Management DataBase is a crucial underpinning source of information for an organization’s IT infrastructure, supporting the entire Service Lifecycle in an ITIL® context.
Without it, understanding, tracking and controlling the key elements of the organization’s services and infrastructure can quickly become an exercise in futility.
The CMDB complementary certification is designed to provide a comprehensive insight into the concepts underlying the Service Asset and Configuration Management process, as well as related concepts in other processes across the Service Lifecycle.
- Understand, track and control key elements of an organization’s services and infrastructure.
- Implement and maintain the CMDB as expressed in ITIL through understanding the terminology, concepts and best practices.
- Provide an organized view of data and a means of examining that data from any perspective.
- Plan, deliver, operate, govern and assign priorities to business services.
- Combine data from across IT operations into a single, consistent data store.
- Individuals who require a detailed understanding of how to create a CMDB and how it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organization.
- IT professionals working within Service Asset and Configuration Management, or about to start a project to create or re-design a CMDB.
- IT professionals working within service transition wishing to gain a better understanding of the relationship between the service transition processes and the CMDB.
- Define and differentiate between the concepts and principles of the CMDB.
- Describe and explain the Service Asset and Configuration Management process.
- Describe the technology considerations and requirements to create, manage, use and maintain the CMDB.
- Discuss and explain a planned approach for the design and implementation of the CMDB.
- Explain the major challenges, critical success factors and risks associated with the CMDB.
- Demonstrate the major relationships and touch points with key processes.
- Take and pass the CMDB examination.
- Multiple Choice
- 40 questions per paper
- 26 marks required to pass (out of 40 available) - 65%
- 60 minutes duration