APMG International along with the Association of Project Management (APM) launches the Project, Planning and Control qualification scheme
20th August 2015
APMG International along with the Association of Project Management (APM) launches the Project, Planning and Control qualification scheme that is based on APM’s guide ‘Planning, Scheduling, Monitoring and Control – The Practical Project Management of Time, Cost and Risk’.
This qualification is part of APMG International’s continuing partnership with the APM and the guide is APM’s first comprehensive set of guidance and best practice for project planning and control across all industries and sectors. This guide bridges the gap between planning, theory and practice. It gives practical guidance on the preparation and execution of a project delivering it safely to budget, time and quality. It has been written to be accessible to all levels, from students to senior project managers.
The aim of this certification is to equip project planners with the tools needed to be effective and to demonstrate their competence in a competitive market place. PPC guidance and training will:-
• Give a step by step controls guide from project initiation to execution
• Provide a holistic overview of the interdependencies between planning and controls functions
• Be a practical and scalable companion to almost any project controls professional
• Enable effective capability growth for delivery organizations
For professionals this qualification will help gain:
• An understanding of minimum standards and best practice.
• Guidance on how to comply with work’s information requirements laid out in contracts
• Learn lessons from a wide base of delivery organizations
• Benefit from a broad perspective of experienced controls practitioners.
The foundation level of this exam will be available to take from August 2015. Find out more information here.